Sunday, April 26

I know it's been a while. Shut up.

From a scrap of binder paper I found shoved between textbooks, undated, but clearly from junior year:

8:45 AM
"There is no laughter in heaven." - Mark Twain

Laughter is based on sorrow, not happy rainbows. Humor stems from sarcasm, randomness, and tragedy, not joyous peaceful times.

I think I just had a fucking epiphany.

No wonder I'm more comfortable, and I do mean comfortable, having a bit of an attitude or being pissed at the world than just being happy. Happiness is not funny. I always feel awkward when something really good happens because I know it's going to end.

Was I onto something?




1 comment:

Miss Red said...

Yay! I've missed your posts =) And your thought-provoking comments.
regarding your thoughts on laughter, i remember learning at some point that we often laugh when something bad happens to someone because deep down, we're happy it didn't happen to us.