Sunday, May 3

EARLY list of the week

I will make the official monday List of the Week tomorrow, but since I haven't updated in ten years, this week will have two. So, to kick things off, here is a special Sunday edition.

List of reasons why I love Deniz
  1. She laughs at all of my jokes. Seriously. Even the bad ones.
  2. Therefore we both have an identical, and purely awesome, sense of humor.
  3. In the most embarrassing situations, she will make a miserable puppy face and then erupt in sad laughter, which makes everyone around erupt in real laughter and then she forgets why she was sad in the first place
  4. She is there in all of my sing-trip-and-fall moments, and she never fails to point and elicit this manly BWHA before closing her eyes and holding her stomach because the laughter is so intense it can make her pee
  5. Her sarcastic moments are so painfully obvious that each time she has one, I remember why I fell in love with this talent that is only perfected by a few.
  6. She has this magical way of making me laugh after I think I'll never smile again
  7. She is the most genuine person I've ever met, hands down. She gives the most heartfelt advice even on issues she's never come close to dealing with, and even if that advice is off-base, the idea that she only means the best is enough to heal a real shitty mood
  8. She says things like "agility" and "booger" in reference to people
  9. She wanted me to be in her senior showcase dance. So of course I love her for that.
  10. Her mother's reading list includes comic books, travel magazines, and the Twilight series
  11. She's going to a college just a few hours away from where I'll be staying, in a state that has a bowling alley. And a mall!
  12. She falls in love with boys who do nice things, like hold the door or pick up eggshells. Therefore it is not uncommon if she is in love with 6 guys at the same time
  13. If I do something strange in a public place, like pull my head down to my plate at a restaurant and make whale noises into the glass cup because I like the effect the arrangement of glass makes on my voice, she'll pull her head down and whale along with me
  14. If I bitch about someone, she bitches about that person using bigger and better words. See reason #8 above
  15. There aren't enough reasons in the world to describe why I love this ridiculously special person, but if you haven't had the chance to get to know her, you're missing out on a huge chunk of life. It's like going to Great America and not going on Invertigo. So next time you see Deniz, smile and wave, and she'll undoubtedly light up and do the same for you.



No comments: