Monday, March 16

Lipstick red



I've always loved the vibrance of this photo.

It was in Russia two summers ago, I think. The flower was illuminated to look almost poisonous, deadly.

There's something about this color that's always intoxicated my eyes. A deep, pure red that you can't look away from. I think this unconditional pull is what makes it so lethal, and, at the same time, what pushes some people away. For me, it represents life's most vital aspects: passion, excitement, spontaneity, danger, happiness. Danger because it is the color of blood, happiness because it is the color of love.

It takes a real vixen to wear red. Not everyone can do it. I'm not talking about some maroon tank top, I mean a real lipstick-red dress that breaks everyone's necks as they turn to get a good look. It's a color that can make you or break you. Diva or clown? If you try, you're shooting yourself in the foot. In red, sexy comes effortless.

That's why I love it. You can't fake sexiness in red. You end up looking trashy. The color will expose your every curve, every hint of doubt, every imperfection. So you have to own it on the inside. Be the diva, be fierce. Genuine confidence goes a long way.

2 comments:

Miss Red said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that photograph. and great post =) i wish i could wear red more...but i feel like it clashes with the hair hehe <3

Anonymous said...

i get that way about that deep rich inky purple! like the kind that you're like WHHOAHHH, i didn't know that color existed!!