Thursday, March 12

A day in my life, in haikus

Since I've unfortunately fallen ill this morning, I've taken a couple hours to catch up on writing some poems. This one is about Monday, March 9th.

0:41 AM
Took a leap of faith.
Talking is fun after dark,
Among other things.

5:08 AM
Don't make any noise.
Put your shoes back on downstairs.
"I made it in. Night :)"

11:32 AM
Phone call woke me up.
Do homework? Hell to the no.
He wants a lighter.

12:10 PM
Breakfast at Starbucks,
By myself, contemplating.
Wrote this post right here.

2:29 PM
Still drinking coffee.
"What are you doing?" phone beeps.
I reply. No answer back.

4:41 PM
Invites me to watch
"Kung Fu Panda" at his house.
Different couches.

5:10 PM
Why is this awkward?
We know each other like the
Backs of our hands. Bleh.

6:21 PM
"Wanna have dinner?"
He asks, "in like two hours?"
Hm. What to expect?

6:30 PM
Get home, finally.
Called mother, she's working late.
Killed time on Facebook.

7:30 PM
Homework? Hahaha.
House is eerily quiet
As it waits with me.

8:18 PM
I could eat a bear.
"Meet me outside in three mins".
But I look like shit!

8:21 PM
Cleaned the living room,
Washed the dishes, made myself
Pretty. I am good.

8:40 PM
Deliberation.
Mediterranean? Thai?
Italian? Gah!

8:57 PM
Ordered meat kabob.
Good conversation. About books.
I didn't think he read!

9:23 PM
It's an itch we know
We are gonna scratch, when oh
When will this egg hatch?

9:52 PM
Under the full moon.
Smiles by the little playground.
Arms lock. You smell nice.

10:05 PM
Big plans. Can people
Really change? Priya says so.
Today, I agreed.

11:49 PM
Best weekend ever.
Time to descend from the clouds.
What could go wrong now?


© Me, 3/12/09

1 comment:

Miss Red said...

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN ON NYU!
now i think THAT deserves a poem. and mayhaps a post as well =)