Friday, February 13

Why I love my friends

In honor of getting my license, Sanaz rushed over with a chocolate cake that boldly spelled out Congratulations Mooshoo (until a third of it was eaten).



Jess and Marina stopped by for a reunion we haven't had since last year. We talked, laughed, cried (ahem Marina), and complained about the people that make things difficult. Then Marmar drove us to Peet's coffee, where an elderly black woman complimented mine and Jess' rendition of the Laguna Biotch theme song.

I made reservations in Pasta Pomodoro for tomorrow night. If everything goes by the plan, I'll take my newly acquired license over to Santana Row and enjoy the much-overdue dinner with a friend. A new old friend.

Talking about pasta and reservations made Sanaz hungry. She picked me and Leeza up for an impromptu 9 PM dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant on University Avenue, where we bitched some more about people who make life difficult. A falafel, three kabobs, and two and a half baklavas later, we were on our way to spend the evening at her house.

What an evening that was! As if molesting her cat Sedrick wasn't enough, we made fun of Jennifer... not sure how she relates to the family. From what I got, she's a 40 year old who stays over at their house and drinks all their wine. We spent the rest of the night hanging out with S's older brother and his friend, who had enough drunk and road rage stories to make Leeza make a few bathroom runs.







Bleh. I'm so tired I can barely type. Basically, this was just the kind of friday I was looking for this month. Because when I feel like being alone is a bad idea, there's people that remind me it doesn't have to be that way. 

This is why I love my friends.

No comments: